Clean Eating For Chronic Pain Part Two:
Do you want to get fit and healthy? If you suffer with chronic pain this might be difficult. Try my recommendations for at least a month to see if you can find relief and start living again.
Include the following in your diet. Last post I gave you things to eliminate, now I am giving you things to add into your diet.
- Tart Cherries: like those found in a great product called apothecherry juice. This product contains tart cherries, that contain strong flavanoid compounds. These compounds are said to act the same way as NSAIDS, but without the nasty side effects. Tart cherries are not only safe, they are anti-aging and help to maintain cox enzymes. Research shows that these cox enzymes can also protect against stomach damage, unlike NSAIDS which can cause stomach damage.
- Blackberries: eat more blackberries, they contain salicylic acid, the same ingredient in aspirin.
- Green foods like broccoli and leafy greens/ or you can simply drink your greens
- Curry,ginger,and turmeric are pungent herbs that have anti-inflammatory compounds
- Green tea contains compounds that short circuit the inflammatory process.
- Omega 3's like salmon, tuna or try a safe, effective supplement
If you want some more good protein in your diet try:
- Fish like salmon or tuna
- Eggs (whole and egg whites)
- Legumes (beans, sprouted tofu)
- Low fat dairy
- Nuts and seeds
- Almond butter and other nut butters
- Protein powders like:
- Dale's Raw Protein this is alkaline and vegan, and tastes great
- Essante 7.365 shake this is very alkaline and also vegan
- Greens First Whey protein this is dairy based, but very healthy and tastes great
I hope that you find this information helpful
To your health,
P.S. Remember I don't recommend anything that I haven't tried or that I don't use myself.